It’s been a “shitty week” or something, due to me having to change web hosts and struggling with getting everything to work properly. I had to change places because I noticed that my WP installs did not have SSL on them. I was so sure that they did but apparently not. Any who… This is what I’ve learned(in no particular order):
- Don’t get angry (if you can help it) if it does not work the way it’s supposed to. Just call the support, and they’ll help out.
- It’s okay to get upset if all questions are not answered. Just keep nagging the support until you do. That’s what they get paid for.
- If you use DirectAdmin with your web host and cannot install applications on a subdomain, add the subdomain as a regular domain instead, wait for it to resolve with the dns & shit and then install as usual. However, if it still does not work after 24-72 hours – contact the support! I’m not even sure that it works for me yet 🙁
- If you can’t connect the amazing WordPress plugin called Jetpack’s sharing module to a Facebook page – make sure that your FB page is published! If it is not, publish it, reconnect and then it’s okay to make it unpublished – the connection will still work.
- It’s really not worth paying nearly $9/month for a web host, when you can get a better one (hopefully) for like $2/month.
I’ve also learned a bunch of other stuff as well, but I’m to tired to think of all of them now. I’m sorry if you’ve tried to access my site these past couple of days and I’m even more sorry if you’ll see troubles here in the future.
Please leave a comment below if you’ve noticed i.e. security warnings (due to SSL not being properly setup etc) or photos or other images not loading.
Now – I’m off to bed. Tomorrow I’m gonna sleep in. It’s finally the weekend again!